From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installing Gentoo on Dell Servers
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:29:22
1 On Thursday 14 June 2007 22:29, kashani wrote:
2 > Mick wrote:
3 > > Guys, has anyone installed a gentoo LAMP on:
4 > >
5 > > Dell Server:
6 > > ==============================================
7 > > If yes, what are the gotchas, in terms of kernel config, hardware, etc?
8 > > I have never installed a 64bit system yet, so I guess that'll be another
9 > > thing to read on.
10 > >
11 > > When building a server is it worth considering some GNAP type of set up,
12 > > or should one build a complete Gentoo system with /usr/portage and all?
13 >
14 > I've installed Gentoo on pretty much every Dell server that has come out
15 > in the past five years and used 64bit on all the newer stuff from the
16 > past year or so. Never had an issue even with the wonky 6650. I never
17 > bothered with anything special other than local rsync and
18 > http-replicator and just used portage locally on each box.
19
20 Thanks kashani, may I bother you one of these days for a copy of a .config
21 file?
24 Regards,
25 Mick