From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] failed reiserfs partition - help!
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 16:32:13
1 On 24 August 2010 15:46, James <jtp@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Yep, positive. Just checked through my history:
3 >
4 > mkreiserfs -f /dev/sdd1
5 > mount /dev/sdd1 /mnt/backup
6
7 Hmm ... if you have made a fs on sdd1, why are you trying to mount
8 sdf1 in your first post?
9
10 ... or is sdd1 now being recognised by udev as sdf1?
11
12 I am not sure I can suggest anything better than what you have already
13 tried. I have recovered umpteen reiserfs corruptions with no loss of
14 data so far, by running reiserfsck --fix-fixable, or --rebuild-tree.
15 However, none of these problems were due to a problematic drive or USB
16 cable - your case may be different and recovery less successful.
17
18 Of course, if you have storage space somewhere else it is always a
19 good idea to use dd to image the partition first before you start your
20 recovery attempts.
21 --
22 Regards,
23 Mick