From: George Roberts <georoberts@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I thought /etc/X11/xorg.conf was set in stone
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 03:50:26
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2
3 >On Wednesday 27 July 2005 01:54, George Roberts wrote:
6 >>I have noticed in the last couple days that rolling the wheel on my
7 >>mouse is not scrolling through webpages or email.
8 >>I checked my /etc/X11/xorg.conf and it had not been changed. Just to be
9 >>sure it is not a broken mouse I booted into Mandrake and tested it
10 >>there, mouse scrolled like a charm. After I booted back to Gentoo, the
11 >>mouse was still not working. I decided to steal the setting from
12 >>Mandrake's XF86Config, since it was working there.
13 >>I changed my /etc/X11/xorg.conf from:
14 >> Identifier "Mouse1"
15 >> Driver "mouse"
16 >> Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
17 >> Option "Device" "/dev/input/mouse0"
18 >> Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
25 >> Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
29 >should be
33 >> Option "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
37 >and the wheel should start working
40 Thanks that did it. Opps your right that was the original setting in
41 the /etc/X11/xorg.conf. After chasing my tail trying different
42 settings, only to find that X had changed files, I had forgotten where I
43 started. Thanks again.
44 --
45 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list