From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] logrotate: name of log file after it's rotated?
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2016 06:51:52
1 On 02/04/2016 04:01, lee wrote:
2 >> It depends. There are options to tell logrotate to use, or not use,
3 >> > dates in the new filename, and what compression to use or not use. So
4 >> > the names can vary.
5 > Exactly, and that's why there needs to be some sort of place holder for
6 > the file name.
10 I don't think it's a case of "there needs to be".
11 I think it's more a case of "you want it to be to solve this special
12 problem you have", and perhaps the logrotate maintainer doesn't agree.
16 Alan McKinnon
17 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com