From: Chris Thomas <sruchris@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Thanks and bye for now
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 03:49:41
1 I'm having the same exact problem with my mouse. I'm on AMD64 and my
2 cursor often jumps to a corner.
3
4 Is there a fix?
5
6 -Chris
7
8 On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 6:08 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
9 > On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
10 >> On Sunday 28 December 2008 22:52:08 Dale wrote:
11 >>> Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
12 >>
13 >>> > It got worse with kernel 2.6.28, btw, especially mouse cursor
14 >>> > movement. It gets stuck and skips very noticeably. Fortunately, it's
15 >>> > not a point yet where I would describe it as unusable, but if the
16 >>> > trend continues, desktop will be totally unusable by 2.6.31/32 when
17 >>> > doing something that produces load.
18 >>>
19 >>> So it is not just me that has screwy mouse movement. I been using a old
20 >>> kernel for a while now and even thought it was just a wrong setting on
21 >>> my part.
22 >>>
23 >>> Has anyone been telling the kernel folks about this problem so they can
24 >>> fix it or roll something back?
25 >
26 > Getting in a little late but my AMD64 machine's mouse died so I
27 > grabbed a VERY cheap $6 Microsoft mouse I had received for free some
28 > years ago and never used. It works but often jumps to one corner or
29 > another at odd times. It sits atop one of my Gentoo Linux mouse pads
30 > and I've noticed that if I turn the mouse pad 45 degrees it happens
31 > far more often.
32 >
33 > I figured it was just a cheap mouse. It hadn't occurred to me that it
34 > might be a driver issue...
35 >
36 > - Mark