From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Thanks and bye for now
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 04:55:47
2 > On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 6:08 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>> On Sunday 28 December 2008 22:52:08 Dale wrote:
5 >>>> Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
6 >>>
7 >>>> > It got worse with kernel 2.6.28, btw, especially mouse cursor
8 >>>> > movement. It gets stuck and skips very noticeably. Fortunately, it's
9 >>>> > not a point yet where I would describe it as unusable, but if the
10 >>>> > trend continues, desktop will be totally unusable by 2.6.31/32 when
11 >>>> > doing something that produces load.
12 >>>>
13 >>>> So it is not just me that has screwy mouse movement. I been using a old
14 >>>> kernel for a while now and even thought it was just a wrong setting on
15 >>>> my part.
16 >>>>
17 >>>> Has anyone been telling the kernel folks about this problem so they can
18 >>>> fix it or roll something back?
19 >>
20 >> Getting in a little late but my AMD64 machine's mouse died so I
21 >> grabbed a VERY cheap $6 Microsoft mouse I had received for free some
22 >> years ago and never used. It works but often jumps to one corner or
23 >> another at odd times. It sits atop one of my Gentoo Linux mouse pads
24 >> and I've noticed that if I turn the mouse pad 45 degrees it happens
25 >> far more often.
26 >>
27 >> I figured it was just a cheap mouse. It hadn't occurred to me that it
28 >> might be a driver issue...
29 >>
30 >> - Mark