From: Strong Cypher <cypherstrong@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] reiser4 status
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 13:29:51
23 2008/2/15, Rumen Yotov <rumen@××××××.org>:
24 >
25 > Alan McKinnon написа:
26 >
27 > > On Friday 15 February 2008, Erik wrote:
28 > >
29 > >> What do you mean by "Hans is a weird person."? Do you know him
30 > >> personally or did you just "read it somewhere"? I only saw a video
31 > >> lecture with him talking about namespaces and filesystems (he seemed
32 > >> perfectly normal there at least). And I use his filesystem
33 > >> (reiser3.6), which has worked perfectly for over 3 years on my
34 > >> laptop. How likely is it that he would have committed such a crime?
35 > >> What motive would he have?
36 > >
37 > > read the lkml archives. read the current blogs about how Hans is
38 > > conducting himself in a court of law. Read his statements to the police
39 > > when questioned about his wife's disappearance. Read his defense. Read
40 > > his website.
41 > >
42 > > What comes out of that? Hans Reiser is a typical geek who has a problem
43 > > seeing the same reality as the rest of the world. It's very common
44 > > amongst geeks, and we can mostly spot it a mile off. It's not rocket
45 > > science.
46 > >
47 > > I also use ReiserFS-3.6 and it is a very good filesystem. That is one
48 > > thing. There is this other thing, which is the ability to musrder
49 > > someone, and that is totally unrelated to the ability to write
50 > > self-balancing filesystem metadata trees.
51 > >
52 > > Any associated opinion between his skill as a coder and the likelyhood
53 > > of his having murdered or not murdered his wife is an illogical opinion
54 > > in extreme.
55 > >
56 > >> That sounds like the perfect way to harm the free software community.
57 > >> Make some important person's wife disappear.
58 > >
59 > > You must be new here.
60 > >
61 > > Hans Reiser? Important? I don't think so. In the general scheme of
62 > > things he's about as important as ESR.
63 > >
64 > > If you wanted to bring free software into disrepute there are many much
65 > > more likely targets:
66 > >
67 > > Linus, Alan Cox, Ingo, RMS, drobbins, Theo, Andrew M, Patrick V, Miguel,
68 > > David R.
69 > >
70 > >> Is there any
71 > >> organization out there who would do something dirty to harm us if
72 > >> they could get away with it? How trustworthy is the Russian police?
73 > >> Is the Russian legal system working satisfactory?
74 > >
75 > > Look at the case itself.
76 > >
77 > > Hans has a distorted view of reality as seen by the rest of the world.
78 > > His wife is apparently a bitch of note. That's motive #1.
79 > >
80 > > You want a likely suspect for who could have framed him? Try the
81 > > disappeared wife's current boyfriend. Tons of suspicious actions
82 > > there - read the court records, it's all in there.
83 > >
84 > > This whole court case is entirely explained by human greed and emotion
85 > > in marital affairs. It is not necessary to involve free software to
86 > > come to an entirely reasonable explanation, in much the same way that
87 > > the Enron CEO's hobbies do not feature in the explanation of the
88 > > collapse of Enron
91 > Hi,
92 > Just a note here, using reiser4 for 4-5 months, no problems so far.
93 > Patches are more difficult to find but not that much.
94 > More choice is better IMHO.
95 >
96 > Rumen