From: Rumen Yotov <rumen@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] reiser4 status
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 13:10:31
1 Alan McKinnon написа:
2 > On Friday 15 February 2008, Erik wrote:
3 >
4 >> What do you mean by "Hans is a weird person."? Do you know him
5 >> personally or did you just "read it somewhere"? I only saw a video
6 >> lecture with him talking about namespaces and filesystems (he seemed
7 >> perfectly normal there at least). And I use his filesystem
8 >> (reiser3.6), which has worked perfectly for over 3 years on my
9 >> laptop. How likely is it that he would have committed such a crime?
10 >> What motive would he have?
11 >
12 > read the lkml archives. read the current blogs about how Hans is
13 > conducting himself in a court of law. Read his statements to the police
14 > when questioned about his wife's disappearance. Read his defense. Read
15 > his website.
16 >
17 > What comes out of that? Hans Reiser is a typical geek who has a problem
18 > seeing the same reality as the rest of the world. It's very common
19 > amongst geeks, and we can mostly spot it a mile off. It's not rocket
20 > science.
21 >
22 > I also use ReiserFS-3.6 and it is a very good filesystem. That is one
23 > thing. There is this other thing, which is the ability to musrder
24 > someone, and that is totally unrelated to the ability to write
25 > self-balancing filesystem metadata trees.
26 >
27 > Any associated opinion between his skill as a coder and the likelyhood
28 > of his having murdered or not murdered his wife is an illogical opinion
29 > in extreme.
30 >
31 >> That sounds like the perfect way to harm the free software community.
32 >> Make some important person's wife disappear.
33 >
34 > You must be new here.
35 >
36 > Hans Reiser? Important? I don't think so. In the general scheme of
37 > things he's about as important as ESR.
38 >
39 > If you wanted to bring free software into disrepute there are many much
40 > more likely targets:
41 >
42 > Linus, Alan Cox, Ingo, RMS, drobbins, Theo, Andrew M, Patrick V, Miguel,
43 > David R.
44 >
45 >> Is there any
46 >> organization out there who would do something dirty to harm us if
47 >> they could get away with it? How trustworthy is the Russian police?
48 >> Is the Russian legal system working satisfactory?
49 >
50 > Look at the case itself.
51 >
52 > Hans has a distorted view of reality as seen by the rest of the world.
53 > His wife is apparently a bitch of note. That's motive #1.
54 >
55 > You want a likely suspect for who could have framed him? Try the
56 > disappeared wife's current boyfriend. Tons of suspicious actions
57 > there - read the court records, it's all in there.
58 >
59 > This whole court case is entirely explained by human greed and emotion
60 > in marital affairs. It is not necessary to involve free software to
61 > come to an entirely reasonable explanation, in much the same way that
62 > the Enron CEO's hobbies do not feature in the explanation of the
63 > collapse of Enron
64 >
65 Hi,
66 Just a note here, using reiser4 for 4-5 months, no problems so far.
67 Patches are more difficult to find but not that much.
68 More choice is better IMHO.
69 Rumen

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature