From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Windows 'Remote Assistance'
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 17:30:41
1 I know this is somewhat off-topic but I am losing friends here by telling them
2 all the time that they should install Linux or at least install and configure
3 VNC if they need my help ... plus some of them I don't mind helping anyway.
4
5 Lesser MSWindows versions do not seem to allow connections via RDP and
6 therefore rdesktop and krdc will not connect to them without some VNC server
7 running on the Windows machine.
8
9 Meanwhile Windows has this 'Remote Assistance' function, which allows what it
10 says and uses PRNP (Peer Name Resolution Protocol).
11
12 I've been trying to find a Linux tool to connect to a Windows box which has
13 issued a PRNP invitation, but can't find a means of doing this. Is this all
14 completely proprietary or is there some UPnP linux solution that works?
15 --
16 Regards,
17 Mick