From: Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Linux viruses
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2013 19:02:24
1 On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 01:36:38AM +0700, Pandu Poluan wrote:
2 >
3 > Oh. My. Goodness! ESET! I *love* that piece of gold :-)
4 >
5 > In fact, I'm still having the glow from the satisfaction of successfully
6 > convincing the management to replace the previous p.o.s. that goes by the
7 > name of "SEP", with this wonderful antivirus.
8 >
9 > The first week, ESET unearthed more than 1'000 threats (throughout the
10 > company) that SEP had turned a blind eye to. It's really a mystery how SEP
11 > ever got crowned with any "Good" attributes.
12 >
13 > Granted, the "Business" version has much more options than one can shake a
14 > stick at, but for control-happy BOFHs, ESET is a godsend, a breath of fresh
15 > air compared to the CPU-guzzling ineffective p.o.s. called SEP.
16 >
17 > (sorry for the tangential offtopicness, I'm just so very glad to see a
18 > fellow ESET-believer ;-) ).
19
20 A good Linux friend who works with IBM Netherlands as a Linux/FOSS expert told
21 me of ESET in 2003. He was my Slackware mentor (my distro before Gentoo). He
22 implemented ESET on the Windows clients of one of his accounts, Green Peace.
23
24 I have only had one customer since 2003 get infected using ESET, and that was
25 because he turned it off.
26
27 It has such a small footprint, and does a great job. It's got a lot of other
28 nice tools in the Smart Security suite, such as the ability to track your
29 stolen laptop if you set it up. But enough on this Gentoo list...
30 --
31 Happy Penguin Computers >')
32 126 Fenco Drive ( \
33 Tupelo, MS 38801 ^^
35 662-269-2706 662-205-6424
36 http://happypenguincomputers.com/
37
38 A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
39 Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
40 A: Top-posting.
41 Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?
42
43 Don't top-post: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post#Top-posting