From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems getting systemd to work
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 13:53:33
1 Jc García <jyo.garcia@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > 2014-05-13 7:18 GMT-06:00 <covici@××××××××××.com>:
4 > >
5 > > Nope, dracut does things different, so I am still working on the kernel
6 > > command line. My question was about the /etc/fstab.empty problem.
7 > >
8 > In the documentation it says, enabling this, uses the fstab instead of
9 > /proc/self/mountinfo, when generating the image, it does not say it
10 > includes it, so I think that is working properly. Have you tried
11 > booting manually from a grub command line(I read you use lilo, I don't
12 > know if it has this feature, but the idea is manually write your
13 > kernel command line before boot ), this has helped me several times
14 > when finding booting problems, you can use anything with grub in it
15 > (livecd, usb, etc...) so you don't have to install it, in case you are
16 > not familiar with grub.
17
18 Well, if this is OK, then I can proceed, I thought that the systemd
19 generator needed the actual /etc/fstab file to generate the correct
20 mount events, so I was concerned that this would not happen, but maybe
21 the initrd does not need to do that so much.
25 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
26 How do
27 you spend it?
28
29 John Covici