From: Ian Kabeary <omega21@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Video Card of Death! (Yes its on topic.)
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 22:36:32
1 I can for sure get the error message for you in a few hours.
2 Im away from home (and my laptop for that matter) right now.
3 Thanks for the reply though!
4 ~Ian
7 On 8/15/06, Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
8 >
9 > On 8/15/06, Ian Kabeary <omega21@×××××.com> wrote:
10 > > should do, I started X. (I have 7.1.1 by the way). What I end up with is
11 > > that it cant find the drivers because the version of the radeon driver
12 > > version doesn't match the server version or something? I have no idea
13 > what
14 > > that means
15 >
16 > <sarcasm>
17 > Well, maybe you could like try a different version, or something?
18 > </sarcasm>
19 >
20 > I really suggest when asking for help that you provide the actual
21 > error message you are getting. Otherwise we have to guess at both
22 > the error *and* the solution, rather than the normal thing we do,
23 > which to just guess at the solution. For X errors, it also never
24 > hurts to provide your xorg.conf and Xorg.0.log files.
25 >
26 > -Richard
27 > --
28 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list