From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Video Card of Death! (Yes its on topic.)
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 20:57:15
1 On 8/15/06, Ian Kabeary <omega21@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > should do, I started X. (I have 7.1.1 by the way). What I end up with is
3 > that it cant find the drivers because the version of the radeon driver
4 > version doesn't match the server version or something? I have no idea what
5 > that means
6
7 <sarcasm>
8 Well, maybe you could like try a different version, or something?
9 </sarcasm>
10
11 I really suggest when asking for help that you provide the actual
12 error message you are getting. Otherwise we have to guess at both
13 the error *and* the solution, rather than the normal thing we do,
14 which to just guess at the solution. For X errors, it also never
15 hurts to provide your xorg.conf and Xorg.0.log files.
16
17 -Richard
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list