From: "Jesús J. Guerrero Botella" <jesus.guerrero.botella@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge 32bits on 64bits platform
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 07:25:09
1 2010/8/16 Stéphane Guedon <stephane@××××××××××.eu>:
2 > I have read several things about this, but never really solved !
3 >
4 > Can I emerge a 32bits software on 64bits platform with a multilib profile ?
5 >
6 > All my web browsers (konqueror, opera, chromium, firefox) are 64bits, whereas
7 > flash player exist currently in 32bits. So, I need to have 32bits browser ! Can
8 > I emerge ?
9
10 There's a multilib overlay that will allow you to build 32 bits
11 software on a 64 bits OS. But it's completely unsupported, don't
12 expect it to work flawlessly. It's been long since the last time I
13 tried it so I don't know what the current status of things is.
17 Jesús Guerrero Botella