From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Living in NGL: was: [gentoo-user] NAS and replacing with larger drives
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 19:00:47
1 On 2022.12.18 11:17, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Sun, Dec 18, 2022 at 8:49 AM Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
3 > wrote:
4 > >
5 > > On 12/18/22 10:38, Mark Knecht wrote:
6 > > > Wipe the machine and start over with Gentoo from scratch...
7 > > > Wipe the machine and start over with Gentoo from scratch...
8 > > > Humm, I think you should...
9 > > > Wipe the machine and start over with Gentoo from scratch...
10 > >
11 > > First there was Linux from Scratch.
12 > >
13 > > Next came Beyond Linux from Scratch.
14 > >
15 > > Then there was Gentoo.
16 > >
17 > > Now, the latest, greatest installment: Gentoo from Scratch.
20 > Gawd, that's funny! Thanks for making me smile, assuming I found what
21 > you're talking about:
22 >
23 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Gentoo_ebuild_tree_from_scratch
24 I actually hadn't seen that, but it fits.
25 >
26 > Just what every Gentoo user needs. More management!
27 >
28 > I really have fallen off the deep end thinking computers are just
29 > tools to get a job done. I'm ashamed of myself...
30 I've long said that many folks have computers to play games, but for
31 me, the computer IS the game.
32 >
33 > In the really early days of Gentoo circa 2003 when I started there
34 > was some choice about regular Gentoo or a really low level install. I
35 > failed with the low level one but soon learned that every package on
36 > my machine was going to get rebuilt anyway so why bother?
37 >
38 > :-( Sad Mark. I'm a putz...
39 Jack