From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Living in NGL: was: [gentoo-user] NAS and replacing with larger drives
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 16:17:46
1 On Sun, Dec 18, 2022 at 8:49 AM Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
2 wrote:
3 >
4 > On 12/18/22 10:38, Mark Knecht wrote:
5 > > Wipe the machine and start over with Gentoo from scratch...
6 > > Wipe the machine and start over with Gentoo from scratch...
7 > > Humm, I think you should...
8 > > Wipe the machine and start over with Gentoo from scratch...
9 >
10 > First there was Linux from Scratch.
11 >
12 > Next came Beyond Linux from Scratch.
13 >
14 > Then there was Gentoo.
15 >
16 > Now, the latest, greatest installment: Gentoo from Scratch.
19 Gawd, that's funny! Thanks for making me smile, assuming I found what
20 you're talking about:
21
22 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Gentoo_ebuild_tree_from_scratch
23
24 Just what every Gentoo user needs. More management!
25
26 I really have fallen off the deep end thinking computers are just tools to
27 get a job done. I'm ashamed of myself...
28
29 In the really early days of Gentoo circa 2003 when I started there was some
30 choice about regular Gentoo or a really low level install. I failed with
31 the low level one but soon learned that every package on my machine was
32 going to get rebuilt anyway so why bother?
33
34 :-( Sad Mark. I'm a putz...