From: KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Frozen after Upgrade
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 15:06:44
1 Am 03.05.2010 16:56, schrieb Alan McKinnon:
2 > On Monday 03 May 2010 16:30:53 Colleen Beamer wrote:
3 [...]
4 >
5 >> I don't understand what you mean by booting to a single user
6 >> maintenance mode. How do I do that?
7 >
8 > At the grub menu, select the kernel you wish to boot.
9 > Press "e"
10 > Move cursor to the "kernel" line
11 > Press "e"
12 > Move cursor to the end of the line. Append " 1" or " single"
13 > Press<enter>
14 > Press "b"
15 >
16 > This will load the kernel and run a modified start-up sequence (not the
17 > regular init command). You get a root shell which is quite limited but usually
18 > adequate for repairing broken system.
19 >
20 > In a way, it's very similar to booting into a LiveCD without having to go and
21 > find the CD first
24 Hi,
25
26 and again I learnd something I didn't know, jet.
27
28 Anyway I also would try to follow Dales advise with pressing "i" during
29 boot.
30
31 Also some time ago I had a problem after an upgrade with my keyboard.
32 Changing to usb was the workaround for me (the keyboard has usb and the
33 ps2?). Anyway I never fixed the problem.
34
35 Regards
36 kh