From: Mark Shields <laebshade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: A Gentoo Firewall howto?
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 00:04:43
1 I used this setup on a multi-purpose server I built from parts. It
2 also functions as a ftp, http, sftp, ssh, vnc, samba server. Hey,
3 have to put it to work somehow.
4
5 On 8/27/05, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
6 > Mark Shields <laebshade <at> gmail.com> writes:
7 >
8 > > I know you mentioned easing the pain, but good old iptables worked for
9 > > me - along with http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/home-router-howto.xml -
10 > > after using that initial setup and becoming somewhat familiar with
11 > > iptables, I was able to modify a script to suit my needs, a 49-line
12 > > file that gets what I need done.
13 >
14 > Well, I was going to follow this howto and try to figure out how to
15 > add the dmz later. Since it's a firewall, I decided to use:
16 > http://open-systems.ufl.edu/mirrors/gentoo/experimental/x86/hardened/livecd
17 >
18 > Problem is it gives many options. I'm going to select:
19 > grsec-noX
20 > and then try to use this web page on home-router. Maybe when some folks
21 > 'get lucky' we can spin a version of this page that address a
22 > DMZ with web servers and dns servers, call it the home-office version.
23 >
24 > I'm sure I'll be whinning on the list, when I do something stupid...
27 > James
28 >
29 > --
30 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list