From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: A Gentoo Firewall howto?
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 15:52:59
1 Mark Shields <laebshade <at> gmail.com> writes:
2
3 > I know you mentioned easing the pain, but good old iptables worked for
4 > me - along with http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/home-router-howto.xml -
5 > after using that initial setup and becoming somewhat familiar with
6 > iptables, I was able to modify a script to suit my needs, a 49-line
7 > file that gets what I need done.
8
9 Well, I was going to follow this howto and try to figure out how to
10 add the dmz later. Since it's a firewall, I decided to use:
11 http://open-systems.ufl.edu/mirrors/gentoo/experimental/x86/hardened/livecd
12
13 Problem is it gives many options. I'm going to select:
14 grsec-noX
15 and then try to use this web page on home-router. Maybe when some folks
16 'get lucky' we can spin a version of this page that address a
17 DMZ with web servers and dns servers, call it the home-office version.
18
19 I'm sure I'll be whinning on the list, when I do something stupid...
22 James
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list