From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems with depclean
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 11:50:55
1 On 16 October 2019 09:33:29 CEST, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >On Tue, 15 Oct 2019 19:41:14 -0400, John Covici wrote:
3 >
4 >> Thanks much. Now, what about depclean deleting packages where I have
5 >> the name in my world file, but no version numbers or anything, it
6 >> seems to want to delete what it maybe thinks are older versions even
7 >> if the "older" version is the only one installed?
8 >
9 >Can you post an example output from emerge, the eix entry from that
10 >package and the entry in @world?
11
12 Please also run "eix-update" before generating the eix output to ensure eix sees the same as emerge.
15 Joost
16 --
17 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.