From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cannot find entrance!
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 15:50:38
1 On Wednesday 19 May 2010 17:37:36 Mick wrote:
2 > On 19 May 2010 16:21, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 12:56 AM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > >> PS. Where did you find this note about entrance being deprecated Paul?
5 > >
6 > > http://overlays.gentoo.org/dev/vapier/changeset/372
7 > >
8 > > Which FWIW and I should have mentioned, you can download the deleted
9 > > files and add it to your local overlay if you still want to try it out
10 > >
11 > > :)
12 > >
13 > > http://overlays.gentoo.org/dev/vapier/browser/enlightenment/x11-misc/entr
14 > > ance?rev=278
15 > >
16 > > (it was last updated 3 years ago)
17 >
18 > Thank you all for your replies! I will be experimenting as soon as I
19 > get some free time with this (I sincerely hope that it won't take me
20 > another three years this time).
21 >
22 > I am however surprised that there isn't more development in this area
23 > - isn't there demand for it?
24
25 Sure there's demand. The e17 APIs change faster than you can change your
26 underwear, so feel free to maintain the ebuilds at the same pace yourself :-)
27
28 entrance itself is one of those yucky horrible projects that no-one wants to
29 touch. It's a common affliction to all dm's, even gdm/kdm are subject to lots
30 of intense bitrot
34 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com