From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: separate / and /usr to require initramfs 2013-11-01
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 10:59:36
1 Am 29.09.2013 02:08, schrieb Alan McKinnon:
2 > On 29/09/2013 01:23, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 >>> It *really* is that simple. If you have a better solution than my last
4 >>>> two choices, then I am all ears.
5 >>>>
6 >>>>
7 >> the correct and simple solution would be to deprecate /usr and move
8 >> everything into / .
11 > I did consider that, but gave up on the idea as not workable. Sure, it
12 > would work great and did work very well for Android and MacOS, both
13 > controlled environments.
14 >
15 > But doing it gains you nothing really apart from a crap load of stuff
16 > cluttering up /, thinks like local, games and share.
17 >
18 > But hey, maybe we can go right back to the originsl and put /home where
19 > it started: /usr/people
20 >
21 and a cluttered / is worse than a non-existant / and a cluttered /usr?
22
23 Because we are just moving in that direction.