From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: separate / and /usr to require initramfs 2013-11-01
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 00:13:33
1 On 29/09/2013 01:23, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 >> It *really* is that simple. If you have a better solution than my last
3 >> > two choices, then I am all ears.
4 >> >
5 >> >
6 > the correct and simple solution would be to deprecate /usr and move
7 > everything into / .
11 I did consider that, but gave up on the idea as not workable. Sure, it
12 would work great and did work very well for Android and MacOS, both
13 controlled environments.
14
15 But doing it gains you nothing really apart from a crap load of stuff
16 cluttering up /, thinks like local, games and share.
17
18 But hey, maybe we can go right back to the originsl and put /home where
19 it started: /usr/people
22 Alan McKinnon
23 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com