From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem with 2 partition installation from gentoo minimal system
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:30:07
1 On Wednesday 26 March 2008 16:19:58 Alex Schuster wrote:
2
3 > Does it also have the right IDE drivers? This /dev/sda drive is SATA I
4 > assume, is this configured correctly in the kernel, and is the SCSI stuff
5 > also compiled directly into the kerne?
6
7 On my laptop I sometimes have to switch AHCI on or off in the BIOS as well.
8 For example, the Gentoo installation boot disk won't boot unless I switch
9 AHCI off first.
12 Rgds
13 Peter
14 --