From: alain.didierjean@××××.fr
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Fed up with Xorg + hal mess
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 14:35:49
1 Definitly, an update shouldn't break an existing working configuration! This
2 happens these days only too often with the Xorg + hal mess.
3 I happen to use linux as a working tool and 3 days without being able to launch
4 a working X is a source of problems! This is the second time. As for hal config,
5 the author should remember that ol'saying:KISS for Keep It Simple, Stupid.
6 Now, with or without /etc/X11/xorg.conf, my machine (amd64), updated to
7 libxcb-1.4, xorg-1.6 and hal last version launches X all right, only mouse and
8 keyboard are not working !
9 A line in /var/log/Xorg.0.log says:
10 (WW) AllowEmptyInput is on, devices using drivers 'kbd', 'mouse' or 'vmmouse'
11 will be disabled.
12 Where is that b..... AllowEmptyOption ? certainly not in xorg.conf.
13 How do I get back some input on X screen ?
14 I also get (with xorg.conf)
15 (EE) Failed to load module "type1" (module doesn't exist, 0)
16 (EE) Failed to load module "evdev" (module doesn't exist, 0)
17 Please help before I turn crazy (it might be too late)