From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fed up with Xorg + hal mess
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 17:23:35
1 alain.didierjean@××××.fr schrieb:
2 > Definitly, an update shouldn't break an existing working configuration! This
3 > happens these days only too often with the Xorg + hal mess.
4 > I happen to use linux as a working tool and 3 days without being able to launch
5 > a working X is a source of problems! This is the second time. As for hal config,
6 > the author should remember that ol'saying:KISS for Keep It Simple, Stupid.
7 > Now, with or without /etc/X11/xorg.conf, my machine (amd64), updated to
8 > libxcb-1.4, xorg-1.6 and hal last version launches X all right, only mouse and
9 > keyboard are not working !
10 > A line in /var/log/Xorg.0.log says:
11 > (WW) AllowEmptyInput is on, devices using drivers 'kbd', 'mouse' or 'vmmouse'
12 > will be disabled.
13 > Where is that b..... AllowEmptyOption ? certainly not in xorg.conf.
14 > How do I get back some input on X screen ?
15 > I also get (with xorg.conf)
16 > (EE) Failed to load module "type1" (module doesn't exist, 0)
17 > (EE) Failed to load module "evdev" (module doesn't exist, 0)
18 > Please help before I turn crazy (it might be too late)
21 With 'launches X' do you mean your desktop environment (login -> startx)
22 or xdm/kdm/gdm?
23
24 In any case, try to add
25
26 Option "AllowEmptyInput" "false"
27
28 to your xorg.conf Section "ServerLayout"
29
30 However, for me this has tripled any key press and also messed up some
31 other things.
32
33 You (and anyone else, actually) might also want to add
34
35 Option "XkbOptions" "terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
36
37 to the Section "InputDevice" of your keyboard. This will reenable
38 Ctrl+Alt+Backspace for killing X.
39
40 For me, X started to work again after removing ~/.Xauthority.