From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VMware Workstation trouble
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 23:08:10
1 > > > Hello, since updating to the latest vmware workstation 4.5 via
2 > > > portage, I haven't been able to start my XP virtual machine. When I
3 > > > click "Start this virtual machine", nothing happens at all. Does
4 > > > anyone know why this is happening?
5 > >
6 > > Is there anything in vmware.log in the directory of that virtual machine.
7 > > also, try running vmware from a terminal and see what error messages you
8 > > get.
9 >
10 > PLease don't flame me, but are you running 4.5 or the 5 series? You said the
11 > "latest" thats why I ask. If you are running 5 series I had this with the
12 > latest update till I added the user to the vmware group. Now all is fine.
13
14 I'm running the latest 4.5 version. I tried adding the user to the
15 vmware group and logging out/in with no luck.
16
17 - Grant
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list