From: "Michael W. Holdeman" <lists@××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VMware Workstation trouble
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 22:29:07
1 On Wednesday 21 September 2005 06:02 pm, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:56:13 -0700, Grant wrote:
3 > > Hello, since updating to the latest vmware workstation 4.5 via
4 > > portage, I haven't been able to start my XP virtual machine. When I
5 > > click "Start this virtual machine", nothing happens at all. Does
6 > > anyone know why this is happening?
7 >
8 > Is there anything in vmware.log in the directory of that virtual machine.
9 > also, try running vmware from a terminal and see what error messages you
10 > get.
11
12 PLease don't flame me, but are you running 4.5 or the 5 series? You said the
13 "latest" thats why I ask. If you are running 5 series I had this with the
14 latest update till I added the user to the vmware group. Now all is fine.
15
16 Mike
19 Michael W. Holdeman
23 Powered by Gentoo Linux www.gentoo.org |