From: Leon Feng <rainofchaos@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: revdep-rebuild keeps reinstalling binutils
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 05:59:22
1 在 2010年2月6日星期六 07:46:05,Harry Putnam 写道:
2 > Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> writes:
3 > > On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 22:13:20 +0800, Leon Feng wrote:
4 > >> I have seen this for weeks, but since I upgrade to portage-2.2* at the
5 > >> same time, do not know whether it is related. My revdep-rebuild out is
6 > >> listed below, anyone has a solution?
7 > >
8 > > Are you also running the testing gentoolkit? Otherwise you're trying to
9 > > use the old revdep-rebuild wit the new portage, which may have
10 > > unexpected consequences.
11 > >
12 > > Have you run lafilefixer --justfixit? This should always be the first
13 > > step when revdep-rebuild reports problems.
14 >
15 > You were speaking to Leon no me (The OP), but since my output was
16 > identical, I'll report too:
17 >
18 > I'm running ~x86 on everything and latest version of gentoolkit (I
19 > don't have gentoolkit-dev installed)
20 >
21 > I've emerged lafilefixer (thanks Steve) and ran
22 > lafilefixer --justfixit
23 >
24 > Then ran revdep-rebuild again.... it still finds broken binutils so
25 > I'm letting it `oneshot' the emerge.
26 >
27 > Was the expectation that running `lafilefixer --justfixit' would stop
28 > revdep-rebuild from continuously finding a broken binutils?
29 >
30 > Or was I expected to run lafilefixer --justfixit and then rebuild
31 > binutils once more?
32 >
33 > In any case I did the later and now the oneshot has finished and a
34 > rerun of revdep-rebuild again finds the same `broken' binutils....
35 >
36 > Apparently no progress has occurred..
37 >
38 Same here. I am running ~x86 too.
39 lafilefixer --justfixit and reemerged glibc do no work.
40
41 I will try out the patch in bug 298651 soon.
42
43 Leon