From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: revdep-rebuild keeps reinstalling binutils
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 01:03:11
1 Leon Feng <rainofchaos@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 [...]
4
5 >> I'm running ~x86 on everything and latest version of gentoolkit (I
6 >> don't have gentoolkit-dev installed)
7 >>
8 >> I've emerged lafilefixer (thanks Steve) and ran
9 >> lafilefixer --justfixit
10 >>
11 >> Then ran revdep-rebuild again.... it still finds broken binutils so
12 >> I'm letting it `oneshot' the emerge.
13 >>
14 >> Was the expectation that running `lafilefixer --justfixit' would stop
15 >> revdep-rebuild from continuously finding a broken binutils?
16 >>
17 >> Or was I expected to run lafilefixer --justfixit and then rebuild
18 >> binutils once more?
19 >>
20 >> In any case I did the later and now the oneshot has finished and a
21 >> rerun of revdep-rebuild again finds the same `broken' binutils....
22 >>
23 >> Apparently no progress has occurred..
24 >>
25 > Same here. I am running ~x86 too.
26 > lafilefixer --justfixit and reemerged glibc do no work.
27 >
28 > I will try out the patch in bug 298651 soon.
29
30 Leon, sorry to be a lamer here but I didn't understand the patch or
31 even that there was an actual patch, after reading the long confusing
32 exchange on that bug report.
33
34 Did you come away with a semi-easily done patch? If so can you
35 explain a bit about how its applied or maybe direct me to the part
36 that discusses an actual patch?
37
38 ps - have you see something detrimental happening if you just go ahead
39 and run like it is?