From: "Sebastian Beßler" <sebastian@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to configure thochpad sensitivity (using hal)?
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 10:15:06
1 Am 14.11.2010 03:37, schrieb Dale:
2
3 > Before you go to great pains to get this working, you do know that hal
4 > is checking out right? Even the person who wrote it realized the mess it
5 > was and it is dying pretty soon.
6
7 Even KDE4 can be used without HAL pretty soon, I use the live-ebuilds
8 and mostly everything that needed HAL before works now without. As much
9 as I see the only thing that needs it at this point is phonon, without
10 HAL KDE refuses to see my soundcard but that is not that bad because
11 every non-KDE/QT(?) programm still has sound.
12
13 I give HAL a year at most, than it hould be gone and forgotten.
14
15 Greetings
16
17 Sebastian Beßler