From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] heads-up: 2011-05-01 baselayout news
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 22:08:30
1 On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 11:48 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 >> On Mon, 2 May 2011 11:16:36 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> > Does stable portage support the --autounmask option to emerge?
6 >>
7 >>> I use ~amd64 portage so I have supports that feature but what command
8 >>> do I run today to unmask the version level they will make stable next
9 >>> week? (For instance 0.7 instead of 0.8) I don't think that feature
10 >>> looks into the future like that.
11 >>
12 >> The latest version of baselayout is over six weeks old, so I'd go for
13 >> that.
16 >> --
17 >> Neil Bothwick
18 >
19 > Life's a crap shoot. (As are all my index futures trades today.) Sounds good.
20 >
21 > Cheers,
22 > Mark
25 OK, I'm writing this from an updated Gentoo VM running in Virtualbox
26 on my (as yet) not updated Gentoo server. Things went well. The only
27 semi-issue that came up for me so far was the rc-sys="" variable not
28 being set. The way upgrade doc is written I had the impression that
29 this only mattered if I was in a machine that ran VMs on it and not to
30 be done in the VM itself. Seems that you really want rc_sys to be set
31 for any Gentoo install I guess.
32
33 Not sure at this point how I'd tell if there was some other problem,
34 but as far as a simple VM goes it only took about 15 minutes to
35 complete the upgrade and it booted first time.
36
37 Cheers,
38 Mark