From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The sudden disappearance of ....WHAT??? (I/O error on a SD flash card?!)
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 09:29:15
1 On 03/26 08:18, Adam Carter wrote:
2 > > I got mixed results: There are three partitions on the sdcard from
3 > > which I could fully recover (even mount it directly via loop device)
4 > > the first and the third one.
5 > >
6 > > The second one is screwed up.
7 > >
8 > > Running fsch.ext4 against the image it starts with "bad superblock"
9 > > and suggests two alternatives.
10 > >
11 > > I started fsch.ext4 again while using -b to define the alternate
12 > > superblock and it starts to ask me *zillions of question, which
13 > > I all answered with 'yes' in a first attempt (I have a backup of the
14 > > image...).
15 > > The result was an image, which I could mount again.
16 > > But beside 'lost+found' with some small rests of something which
17 > > may be files in a previous life nothing was there...
20 > In that case its photorec time against the copy of the image (see previous
21 > note about only working on a copy - the changes that fsck makes may
22 > compromise photorec's efficacy). Probably worth reading the testdisk and
23 > photorec man pages first.
24
25 I did that already.
26 Gives me a lot of files with unrelated names.
27 Think of your GENTOO box with all names renamed
28 to something like
29
30 [index number].[filetype]
31
32 . So you got back your data but cannot use
33 it, since the names got lost.
34
35 For images this is not a big deal...display them
36 and you know probably how to rename them back
37 to something useful.
38
39 But what file is (for example)
40
41 -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4083 2011-11-22 03:46 file002873.bin
42
43 which is located somewhere in the Marianna trench of an Android
44 system???
45
46 Hmmmmm...
47
48 Currently I am playing with different kinds of "get lost" it seems...