From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The sudden disappearance of ....WHAT??? (I/O error on a SD flash card?!)
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 09:18:50
1 > I got mixed results: There are three partitions on the sdcard from
2 > which I could fully recover (even mount it directly via loop device)
3 > the first and the third one.
4 >
5 > The second one is screwed up.
6 >
7 > Running fsch.ext4 against the image it starts with "bad superblock"
8 > and suggests two alternatives.
9 >
10 > I started fsch.ext4 again while using -b to define the alternate
11 > superblock and it starts to ask me *zillions of question, which
12 > I all answered with 'yes' in a first attempt (I have a backup of the
13 > image...).
14 > The result was an image, which I could mount again.
15 > But beside 'lost+found' with some small rests of something which
16 > may be files in a previous life nothing was there...
19 In that case its photorec time against the copy of the image (see previous
20 note about only working on a copy - the changes that fsck makes may
21 compromise photorec's efficacy). Probably worth reading the testdisk and
22 photorec man pages first.