From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub vs grub 2
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 14:50:04
1 On 2012-02-15 9:37 AM, mike@×××××××.us <mike@×××××××.us> wrote:
2 > On 02/15/2012 07:19 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
3 >> What I would prefer is a detailed yet simple 'How-To' aimed at the
4 >> average user rather than the hacker (in other words, don't assume I can
5 >> read code/scripts and understand all or even some of what is happening)
6 >> or write my own scripts, etc...
7 >>
8 >> Also, I'd prefer this How-To be aimed at current users of GRUB Legacy,
9 >> meaning, 'This is how Legacy did it, but now GRUB2 does it this way, and
10 >> for this reason'...
11 >>
12 >> And last, a lot of examples of comparisons of GRUB-Legacy/GRUB2 config
13 >> files for different types of systems (obviously, these should include
14 >> all of the most common systems, then more esoteric ones can be added by
15 >> those using them)...
16
17 > I can do this, but it's going to take me a day or two. I have to
18 > refresh myself on GRUB Legacy, first. It has been a (long) while since
19 > I've used it.
20
21 Understood, and thanks Mike, I really look forward to reading whatever
22 you can provide. I realize that I'm gonna have to take this plunge
23 eventually, and would rather not wait until I'm forced to...