From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub vs grub 2
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 15:04:42
1 On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 09:47:54 -0500, Tanstaafl wrote:
2
3 > Understood, and thanks Mike, I really look forward to reading whatever
4 > you can provide. I realize that I'm gonna have to take this plunge
5 > eventually, and would rather not wait until I'm forced to...
6
7 That was my feeling a year or so ago. I saw no point in installing GRUB
8 legacy on a new system, so I braced myself for all the horrors I'd heard
9 about GRUB2, only to find it's nice and sensible once you learn what goes
10 where. I still have GRUB legacy on some systems as they boot fine so no
11 point in changing, but new installs always get GRUB2.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Like an atheist in a grave: all dressed up and no place to go.