From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Console serial terminal/console with command history?
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 20:41:35
1 On 2018-05-22, Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > On 05/22/2018 12:45 PM, David M. Fellows wrote:
3 >> Since you want to blast to the past... kermit may do what you
4 >> need. Back in the day it connected everything to everything.
5 >> See http://www.kermitproject.org/ emerge ckermit.
6 >
7 > Are you advocating kermit as a protocol or as a terminal (emulator) client?
8
9 Just to be pedantic, ckermit isn't a terminal emulator. It's a serial
10 comm package that will connect a serial port to whatever terminal/tty
11 you used to run the ckermit command. It's also a file transfer
12 protocol, but that's pretty much irrelevant for this thread.
13
14 I use ckermit every day, but have never tried to wrap it with either
15 of the aforementioned readline utilities (the things I connect to have
16 their own command line history/editing facilities).
19 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I want a WESSON OIL
20 at lease!!
21 gmail.com