From: Johannes Skov Frandsen <joe@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Problems starting X
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 16:24:43
1 Hi everybody
2
3 Tried and failed... again!
4
5 Everything installs nicely... but 'ati-config --initial' won't work without
6 a valid 'xorg.conf' file as input.
7
8 The one that it do generates when I give it the one that works with the
9 opensource driver
10 don't allow me to run startx. It claims it can't find a monitor and the
11 graphic card driver.
12
13 I read on Slashdot that AMD plans to deliver future ati drivers as
14 opensource. Let's hope that makes thinks easy for everybody. I want bother
15 anymore with this graphic card. The opensource driver works decently, and I
16 will start to look in to other things that are annoying me; like why I can't
17 emerge vlc and why I can't get rhythmbox to play mp3.
18
19 PS
20
21 To Francisco...
22
23 Sorry for bailing out... It has been a big boost to my moral when trying to
24 solve this problem, having enthusiastic and dedicated people like yourself
25 guiding and helping me. I will strive to be just as dedicated when my
26 experience reaches a level where I can be of help for this list.
27
28 Regards
29 Johannes Skov Frandsen
30
31 -----Original Message-----
32 From: Aleksandar L. Dimitrov [mailto:aleks_d@×××.de]
33 Sent: 12. maj 2007 21:26
34 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
35 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems starting X
36
37 On Sat, 12 May 2007 11:34:39 -0400