From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: HACK: Boot without an initramfs / initrd while maintaining a separate /usr file system.
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2019 08:18:34
1 On Mon, 5 Aug 2019 18:04:00 -0600, Grant Taylor wrote:
2
3 > > Don't you have to go through some extra hoops (a flag to the mount
4 > > command or something) to mount over a non-empty directory?
5 >
6 > Nope.
7 >
8 > I don't recall ever needing to do anything like that in Linux.
9
10 Fuse complain about this, that's the only time I've seen it.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Top Oxymorons Number 39: Almost exactly