From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: HACK: Boot without an initramfs / initrd while maintaining a separate /usr file system.
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2019 00:04:20
1 On 8/5/19 5:52 PM, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > Don't you have to go through some extra hoops (a flag to the mount
3 > command or something) to mount over a non-empty directory?
4
5 Nope.
6
7 I don't recall ever needing to do anything like that in Linux.
8
9 I do know that other traditional Unixes are more picky about it. AIX
10 will refuse to use a populated directory as a mount point.
11
12 As I type this, perhaps ZFS on Linux complains, but I don't recall.
17 Grant. . . .
18 unix || die