From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ctrl+Alt+bksp in Xorg
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 00:27:52
1 Sebastian Beßler wrote:
2 > Am 27.10.2009 00:50, schrieb Alan McKinnon:
5 >> I think it's about time we let this hal thing drop though
8 > Even hal developers came to this reasons and droped it ;-)
9 >
10 > So WHY change everything to hal now if hal will be replaced in near
11 > future anyway?
12 >
13 > I changed keyboard and mouse layout back from hal and evdev a few weeks
14 > ago because hal crashes for me all the time and there was more then one
15 > time when I was sitting here and starring at the graphic login screen
16 > unable to do anything because with hal died at bootup there was no
17 > keyboard and mouse to use.
18 >
19 > I really, really hate hal so much..
20 >
21 > Greetings
22 >
23 > Sebastian
28 I'm just grateful for the geek that put the SysRq key sequence in the
29 kernel. At least you can get back to a working console and fix the
30 stupid thing.
31
32 I two disabled hal weeks ago. I'm hopeful the next one will be a lot
33 easier and better, not just for me but for everyone else too.
34
35 Dale
36