From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Can I retrieve my SSL key?
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 09:42:22
1 > photorec, from the testdisk package, will retrieve all files from a
2 > filesystem, deleted or otherwise. However it doesn't retrieve the names
3 > so finding the right one will be fun :-O Grep will help immensely.
4
5 This implies that the new file data is not written over to the top of
6 the old file - is that typically the case? Is it file system
7 dependent?
8
9 Is the file overwrite something like;
10 - write new file data to spare blocks
11 - move filename (hardlink) to point to the new block location