From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do you handle new Xorg + nvidia + ~x86?
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:25:57
1 On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 00:53:04 -0400
2 Mike <whodie@×××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > � Guerrero wrote:
5 > > On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 03:36:13 +0200
6 > > Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
9 > > So the nvidia people say. Though I can confirm that in my installation
10 > > it doesn't work. It just lockups (and yes, I am sure that X composite
11 > > was off, because I always have it off).
12 > >
13 > The lockup is probably caused by having the hal use flag set when you
14 > compile xorg-server. If you disable it you should be able to run the X
15 > server without conflicting with hal/dbus which was the problem.
16
17 Can you give me some more info/links or pointers about the reasoning
18 behind this? Why should hal be a problem when it always worked without
19 a single problem?
20
21 Or maybe a misunderstood you and you mean that is the conjunction of
22 a broken driver (nvidia) and the hal stuff, bit in that case the guilty
23 is not hal anyway, but the driver.
24
25 Also, I wonder why would I want to run X without hal/dbus support :P
26
27 Thanks.
30 Jesús Guerrero <i92guboj@×××××.es>
31 --