From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: android and mtp
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 03:56:11
1 On 2012-12-23, luis jure <ljc@××××××××××××.uy> wrote:
2 > on 2012-12-22 at 17:13 Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >
4 >>Now, imagine you are the guy at Samsung deciding what features the S2
5 >>will support. Which option you gonna pick?
6 >
7 > yeah, you're right, i guess. but for once i'd like the guys at the
8 > corporations to think like me, and not to be forced to think like
9 > them...
10
11 I'm glad they chose MTP: I want my phone to continue to work while I'm
12 transferring files. In order to mount the filesystem via USB, the
13 phone would have to unmount it (which means it's nothing but a flash
14 drive). In order to mount the filesystem via USB, it also means
15 they'd be forced to use VFAT for the Linux root filesystem, and that
16 sucks bad.
19 Grant