From: Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: android and mtp
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 04:56:46
1 On Monday 24 December 2012 09:24:16 AM IST, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2012-12-23, luis jure <ljc@××××××××××××.uy> wrote:
3 >> on 2012-12-22 at 17:13 Alan McKinnon wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> Now, imagine you are the guy at Samsung deciding what features the S2
6 >>> will support. Which option you gonna pick?
7 >>
8 >> yeah, you're right, i guess. but for once i'd like the guys at the
9 >> corporations to think like me, and not to be forced to think like
10 >> them...
11 >
12 > I'm glad they chose MTP: I want my phone to continue to work while I'm
13 > transferring files. In order to mount the filesystem via USB, the
14 > phone would have to unmount it (which means it's nothing but a flash
15 > drive). In order to mount the filesystem via USB, it also means
16 > they'd be forced to use VFAT for the Linux root filesystem, and that
17 > sucks bad.
20 They still use VFAT for the so called sdcard (my Xperia S has internal
21 storage, not extensible).
24 Nilesh Govindarajan
25 http://nileshgr.com