From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE 4.3.95 tarballs?
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 15:33:32
1 On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 4:10 PM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> wrote:
2 > On 01/22/2010 10:12 PM, Paul Hartman wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 1:28 PM, Nikos Chantziaras<realnc@×××××.de>
5 >> wrote:
6 >>>
7 >>> KDE 4.3.95 has been put in the kde overlay three days ago. However,
8 >>> fetching still fails even after three days.
9 >>>
10 >>> Any place I can get the tarballs? The manifests have checksums in them
11 >>> for
12 >>> all the tarballs, suggesting that they're available somewhere.
13 >>
14 >> I think 4.3.95 is KDE SC 4.4 RC2, so they probably hide them until the
15 >> official announcement. At least that's how it has happened in the
16 >> past. I think distro KDE maintainers have early access so they can
17 >> have them ready instantly when the announcement is made.
18 >>
19 >> Last I saw, it should be released publically Friday (today) or
20 >> Saturday depending on time zone.
21 >
22 > Well, according to upstream's schedule it should have been released 2 days
23 > ago:
24 >
25 > http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.4_Release_Schedule#January_20th.2C_2010:_Release_KDE_SC_4.4_RC_2
26 >
27 > I'm asking because for two days emerge -u world doesn't really work because
28 > of the failures in fetching.
29
30 Today it is finally released. I don't know why it took so long. :)