From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to get text only console on livecd install
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 18:21:30
1 chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:
2 > On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 05:38:06AM -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:
3 >> How can I force a text only console when installing from live cd?
4 >> (This is the most recent livecd for x86 on www.gentoo.org)
5 >>
6 >> There appears only gentoo or gentoo-nofb...as boot choices and either
7 >> of those ends in a gui.
8 >
9 > Usually I'm using gentoo-livedvd, but I think "gentoo nox" should work
10 > with cd too (it is on "option" page when booting)...
11 >
12 > But what I find strange is that only one single terminal is opened.
13 > Trying Alt+F2 or Ctrl+Alt+F2 does not switch me to other one...
14 >
15 > Jarry
18 Unless it has changed, I get four consoles. I can't recall but I think
19 I have the CD version of the thing.
20
21 Nice to see you remember the same command I do tho. Maybe we are
22 correct on gentoo nox.
23
24 Dale
25