From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CD ROM does not play audio CD's
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 12:15:22
1 On Thursday 26 June 2008, John covici wrote:
2 > on Thursday 06/26/2008 Joerg Schilling(Joerg.Schilling@××××××××××××××××.de)
3 > wrote
4
5 > > Then call:
6 > >
7 > > cdda2wav -e -N -B
8 > >
9 > > If everything is OK, then you will be able to listen to the music.
10 > > Otherwise you see human readble error messages that point you to the
11 > > problem.
12 > >
13 > > Jörg
14 >
15 > OK, we are now getting somewhere, I did hear sound out of that, now
16 > that is interesting, but how does this work -- does it not copy the
17 > file or is it playing from the drive? I have cdcd and it thinks its
18 > playing, bu I hear nothing. Also, I can't get mplayer to do anyting,
19 > it thinks the url is wrong or something, so this is more complicated.
20 >
21 > Thanks much.
22
23 When I run cdda2wav -e -N -B I get:
24 ===================================
25 recording 3884.2933 seconds stereo with 16 bits @ 44100.0 Hz
26 percent_done:
27 100% track 1 recorded successfully
29
30 The "recording" part confuses me. Does this mean that the command actually
31 writes a file on my hard drive or just plays it by passing it on to /dev/dsp?
32 Am I going to run out of disk space?
35 Regards,
36 Mick