From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] going from systemd to udev
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 01:28:43
1 On 02/04/14 18:38, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2
3 [snip]
4 >>
5 >> I'm using XFCE It all started to happen after I switched to systemd. So
6 >> maybe on the weekend I'll try to switch one of the machine back to udev.
7 >> I think all I need is to unmerge "systemd" and emerge "udev" without
8 >> rebooting.
9 >
10 >As others have said, udev *IS* systemd. It's the same code and
11 >configuration [1].
12 >
13 >And if you don't reboot after uninstalling systemd (while having
14 >booted with it), I don't think your system will stay stable for much
15 >longer.
16 >
17 >I see that thunar depends on gvfs, which can use udisks or
18 >gnome-disk-utility. Which one do you have? What does portage it says
19 >when you do:
20 >
21 >emerge -pv gnome-base/gvfs
22 >
23 >If you have the gdu USE flag enabled, I recommend switching to udisks.
24 >It's possible that it will fix everything, but I have never used Xfce,
25 >so I'm not certain.
26
27 Do I need to put flag: systemd in make.conf file: USE="...
28 to enable it globally?
31 Joseph