From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ssh connections time out
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 10:06:14
1 On Tuesday 27 November 2007, Vladimir Rusinov wrote:
2 > On 11/27/07, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > Have you come across such a problem before? How can I troubleshoot
4 > > it? In
5 > > this day and age of broadband connections it seems strange to get worse
6 > > performance than on a dialup network . . . I mean I have run VNC
7 > > connections
8 > > over a 56k dial up with more responsiveness than this!
9 >
10 > Tune QoS (Quality of Service). It's not very trivial, but there are some
11 > good howtos/articles.
12
13 Trying to stick to the OP:
14
15 I just ran some quick tcptraceroute tests and can see that my random port
16 number has the same or less latency than port 80, or port 22
17 connections . . .
18 --
19 Regards,
20 Mick